Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Pattern

My blog has by now formed a pattern every other blog is a trilogy of poems which comes up next by then this one is either to feature a movie outline I've made or state something personal. Since I'm still banking on poetry to be stronghold in the literary world I'll give some insight to my poems. On August 14 or 16, 1998 I started writing when I was listening almost into purely pop music and oldies. the poetry I enjoyed reading was Edgar Allan Poe, Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson and Dylan Thomas (too a much less degree). The Beatles lead me to Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd which lyrically impressed me deeply followed by Neil Young and Nirvana. In the early years of the second Iraq War I was in Sinclair Community College (I dropped out due to personal stress in 2005). My experience there expanded my artistic interests. I watched Michael Moore films and listened to Public Enemy also dabbling in the Clash and Rage Against The Machine, so I can't really define myself on the political spectrum but the consequences of the world around me caused me to see the incompetences of The Right, not that I've been blind to what I do not care for in The Left, but I understand what I write will get a political analysis that due to the years of my writing I appear left wing but I am not. I'm a Jehovah's Witness and my views have never aligned with anything else religious or political not that I don't look into other viewpoints, but what I believe to be true in one area or another bars me from political compatibility to any party. Also my dad's love for Fox News was very irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment