Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Personal Information

I feel the need to give a little more information. Most of the poems I've posted so far are about something that takes up a third of my volumes of poetry. The three topics I use most often in poetry are romantic love, personal reflection, ideological views. The one I've used the most is ideological views because I guess I can feel sort of proud of myself but I truly don't like any of my three genres which is why I'm not as ambitious as I think I should be for someone who is so positively re-enforced in this habit (what little friends I have do say I'm good at writing, poetry at least). What I hate about each genre is distinct to it's nature. I find when I write love poetry I feel like a phony because what inspired the poetry never works out so I feel very gullible to my own emotions which seems flimsy and almost certainly must make me look like a man whore. When I write reflective it makes me look self-centered I think you can't write reflective without appearing that way even if it's a form of self-evaluation. But
whereas I don't like ideological poems because it makes me look pious and self-righteous but I look back at the poems I feel proud that what the poem represents is something I truly feel is bigger than myself

No comments:

Post a Comment