Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fifth Volume of Poetry

Asperger's Syndrome And Autism
Mind's turned on and tuned out
A mystery no one will find out
Fascinated and focused on a distraction
No one can interpret or foretell my reaction
Sometimes seems gifted sometimes dumb
All emotional bridges somewhat numb
Family bonds are the only ones that reach me
Stuck in an alternate reality

Complaints Left And Right
Don't tell me the Bible builds battles
When rock fans march together like tag marked cattle
Don't whine about the prison's injection room
When you evict dead babies from your womb
Don't say you are lower middle class
When you are kissing corporate ass
Don't preach to us your moral lessons
When you lead the hungry masses into oppression
Don't speak of communal loyalty to your corporation
When lay offs and pollution reek across your nation
Don't complain of liberals controlling the media
When you are rewriting encyclopedias

Scriptures
I read John 2:16
The evangelist doesn't seem to know what it means
I read Isaiah 2:4
Just as the general with Bible and gun ran to war
I spoke of the 6th Commandment
As the troops were sent
I read Genesis 2:24
Just as a spouse walked out the door
I read Psalms 139:13-16
As I saw the clinic with an unwed teen
I read Isaiah 11:6-9
And suddenly I felt fine

No comments:

Post a Comment