Thursday, January 22, 2009

Volume 6 Poetry

The Show
I need to be loved, I need to be kept warm
So I need to blend in with "norm"
Which requires me to transform
So please allow me to get into character before I perform
Forced in an unfamiliar world to fake shape and conform
Pardon me, but it's time for the show
Got to keep my personality on the down low
It's not the one the crowds' come to know
Everything's fake even before the first hello
But if you want to make friends this is how you go
Despite the friends I lack
You and I can't make a pact
If deceiving is a sin then so is this act
There is no disputing that fact
So all polite insincerity I'm forced to take back

Moral Majority
The Moral Majority
Established its authority
By the power of a gun
It became second to none
Now they keep on telling
Screaming, forcing and yelling
For us to be for what they are for
Self-righteously declaring war
Free to be
Whatever they expect of me
To choose between preaching and practicing celibacy
To be racist offended by jokes that are racy
Letting corporate and special interests buy out democracy
Making the error of every man's rule so easy to see

A Year Looking Back

9/11/01-9/11/02

We must not go into revolution
Peace starts with self-resolution
And finding fighting isn't the solution
To our social mental physical or moral pollution
Everybody has their own notion
On stopping the commotion
Looking for the magic potion
To calm the unsteady ocean
Everybody is in pain and oppression
The world is stunned with depression
Looking for answers in the path of aggression
Putting their pain in repression
We all do all that we can
To look for the plan
That will liberate everyman
But who has the right to reprimand
We are all causalities and causers of oppression
Building support by dividing the natural human nation
Although we seek to call our neighbor our friend
How will this injustice end?
(Daniel 2:44)(Isaiah 2:4)(Revelation 21:3,4)(Matthew 6:9-11)(Ecclesiastes 9:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment