Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Monkees (Film) Scene X

(at their home living room all 4 Monkees, Carole and Mary)
Mike: Now I know we've had both personal and professional troubles but this meeting is only to address our collective professional troubles.
Peter: Davy doesn't have any troubles
Mike: Shut up Peter
Carole: Don't tell him to shut up.
Mary: Don't talk to my legal husband like that.
Carole: That's it you little (Micky restrains her)
Micky: Everybody calm down.
Davy: Thanks Micky
Mike: Anyway there's some good news I just found out there's a local songwriting competition it only allows one submission per songwriter but with each of us contributing a song we have a good chance at the $25,000 publishing contract.
Micky: But it only has one winner how do we know each of us won't take the money and run if they might be the winner?
Mike: Truth is I kept this competition a secret so I could win but I don't think I have a good chance not as good than if we all contributed.
Davy: So why should we trust you?
Mike: Because I need you to, I can't try to leave you guys; I would have done it for Mary seven years ago, but without you the music of my life would stop. People, I am convinced, need only two things music and friendship. These two things keep us, as people, going when everything else is wrong.
Micky: So what was your song, Mike?
Mike: The music sheets are by your instruments so if you're ready (they go to their instruments) (Song: Listen To The Band)
Hey, hey, mercy woman plays a song and no one listens,
I need help I'm falling again.
Play the drum a little louder,
Tell me I can live without her
If I only listen to the band.
Listen to the band!
Weren't they good, they made me happy.
I think I can make it alone.
Oh, mercy woman plays a song and no one listens,
I need help I'm falling again.
Play the drum a little bit louder,
Tell them they can live without her
If they only listen to the band.
Listen to the band!
Now weren't they good, they made me happy.
I think I can make it alone.
Oh, woman plays a song and no one listens,
I need help I'm falling again.
C'mon, play the drums just a little bit louder,
Tell us we can live without her
Now that we have listened to the band.
Listen to the band!
Mike: Okay so should we rehearse for our next gig or work on the songwriting contest? (Davy's cell phone rings he answers)
Davy: Hello I'll be right over (hangs up)
Mike: What about practice?
Davy: Why not go with the songwriting we don't even have a gig yet. (leaves)
Peter: What's your hurry?
Davy: You wouldn't understand.
Peter: I wish Davy would quit the group.
Mike: What? Between my leadership and Davy's looks we are carrying the band.
Peter: Well then you don't need me (leaves)
Micky: Or me or our songwriting (leaves with Carole)
Mary: All these years I tried to get you to forget about this band and you destroy it anyway by your own ambition (leaves room)

No comments:

Post a Comment