Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Poetry Post 83

Flower Beds
As I gently lay my head
Upon the flower bed
The world starts to disappear
And God's peace comes near
With the grass' soft feeling
As my pain starts healing
With the flowers cologne
Giving a joy I had never known
And ever so quietly
Comes a robin's symphony
To calm your heart
As the sun paints its art
Without a sense at waste
You can even taste
Any bush's berry
Or any apple from any tree

Homeland Security
Everybody's worried about the sign of the times
But looking out my window I don't have to worry about the crimes
Life is never quites as hard
When your life is in your backyard
It's easy to feel safe
When you're keeping the faith
When you are where you can be free
You feel an abundance of security

My Bike Ride
Riding along this bike trail
Going past the beauty without cease
The fresh oxygen is all I smell
Riding my bike along with peace
My bike ride goes along the track
This is my best time ever
Now I must go back
Now back home to stay forever

No comments:

Post a Comment