Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Poetry Post 85

Disappointing Father
You look at me finding disappointment in what you see
I look at you but am blinded by the hypocrisy
A true father looks at his offspring as a treasure
Not something to be put against a measure
Not something graded
Then degraded
You are distant to the emotions you once have shown
You felt like me before you were grown
You thought your father had no affection
Always looking for defection
Now you're cold and hard like an island
Complaining about the seas but the shore is at your brutal command
You have the power you despised your father for
But controlling me you're always wishing for more
In your loving friendship I saw you as kindly and wise
But now as my father I'm trying to hold back my despise

The Path I've Taken

I stand alone at a dead end
The path I took I cannot amend
Either way the path I took I wouldn't forsaken
For the path I took was worth the taking
But no matter how fine a road you pick there will always be fears
There will be prices to pay in tears
But perseverance in righteousness and meekness shall secure
Your ability to endure

Failure
I have lost my nerve
Passing life's tests on a curve
I am not any better than I was before
There is no use in trying anymore
I am a failure and a fake
The only good I do is for my own sake
I have dozens of problems I can do nothing about
I can't ask for help when I don't give any out

No comments:

Post a Comment