Monday, March 23, 2009

The Monkees (film) Scene XIX

(in the Monkeemobile on the way to Beverly Hills, Mike is driving with Micky in the front passenger seat)
Micky: How's everything with Shannon, Peter?
Peter: Not so good she seems to distance herself from me more often.
Davy: Well the honeymoon can't last forever
Mike: Tell me about it.
Peter: What's wrong Mike?
Mike: this tank is almost empty.
Peter: That's not what I meant (car pulls over in gas station Mike fills it up)
Micky: He knew what you meant Peter (Mike gets back in starts the car and it stalls)
Micky: What's wrong Mike?
Mike: My marriage
Micky: No I mean what's
Mike: My car is stalled so Mary won't be able to meet me for dinner at the hotel
Micky: Oh can't you call her?
Mike: To tell her to meet me here?
Micky: Where else?
Peter: How far is Clarksville from Beverly Hills?
Davy: What does that have to do with anything?
Peter: There's a train that leaves for Clarksville in 30 minutes, I have enough money for the tickets.
Davy: Good thing you kept that job at Toys R Us.
Mike: Okay let me call Mary where's the station Peter?
Peter: Just across the street let's go (they cross the street with their instruments packed and check the train schedule buy the tickets)
Mike: (on phone) Hey Mary can you meet us at the Clarksville train station...you don't have a car...What happened?...Oh Carole's using it...Can you get to the train station...You're going to go from Long Beach station to Clarksville...You will only have time to catch the 4:30 train arriving in Clarksville...Okay...How are you going to get to the train station...By bus okay (Song: Last Train To Clarksville)
Take the last train to Clarksville,
And I'll meet you at the station.
You can be be there by four thirty,
'Cause I made your reservation.
Don't be slow, oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
'Cause I'm leavin' in the morning
And I must see you again
We'll have one more night together
'Til the morning brings my train.
And I must go, oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
And I don't know if I'm ever coming home.
Take the last train to Clarksville.
I'll be waiting at the station.
We'll have time for coffee flavored kisses
And a bit of conversation.
Oh... Oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
Take the last train to Clarksville,
Now I must hang up the phone.
I can't hear you in this noisy
Railroad station all alone.
I'm feelin' low. Oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
And I don't know if I'm ever coming home.
Take the last train to Clarksville,
Take the last train to Clarksville,

No comments:

Post a Comment