Monday, March 23, 2009

Poetry Post 151

Mrs. WM
You welcomed me to your home
But you wouldn't let me into your heart
While your love left you alone
As your husband would depart
You loved me like a mother and a friend
But sadly never as a spouse
But your lover took business weekdays and ends
Never half as often entered your house
He claimed a deed to your home and your heart
It was first come first serve
He'll always say he was there from the start
But a distant financier is less than what you deserve

Nikki
How do you keep the stars in your eyes
How does your smile clear clouded skies
How does your touch warm me like the sun's rays
How does it come so softly in such gentle ways
How does your face glow like the moon's beam
How come your embrace does not wake me from this dream
For what I do know of cold reality
Someone as heavenly as you could never be near me

Ebony VII
Ebony my darkest ecstasy
Your love is still a thrill to me
You make me feel so free and high
Like sparrows in the sky
Ebony you stable me like a pill
Making me feel so calm and tranquil
Feet firmly founded on the ground with my head in the clouds
Being with you is better than serene solitude or comfort crowds
Ebony my only fear is disappointing you
I want to do whatever you need me to do
Just so I can keep taking you in each day
Making me feel forever this way

No comments:

Post a Comment