Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Poetry Post 113

Perpetual Feud
With you every conversation is an accusation
No one can ever live up to your expectation
You'll only end up with aggravation
If you call into question every one's reputation
Suspicion could be removed with just communication
But you don't really want to change the situation
As long as you're not the one giving into exasperation
You'll never give up this verbal domination
Every word in a fight you can recite in quotation
And you play your part without hesitation
You believe you are the norm and every one else is the deviation
But if your theory holds at least one complication
If everything's your way then where's our consideration

Insincerity Insecurity
Did you love me before you knew how I felt about you
Did you love for who I am with motives pure and true
Tell me that your affection is not merely a favor to a friend
Or some vague emotion you can't comprehend
Is it merely coincidence I was the first to speak out
Or are you waiting for someone else to seek out
Do you love me out of rational choice
Or is an impulse taking over your voice

Something Beautiful
You see tasseled hair and crooked teeth
Wrinkled clothes but very little underneath
You know I'm different than you
But only by one narrow angle view
Only what you do not notice is what makes me unique
Something beyond your eyes critique
Something unrevealed displays my beauty
I only wish it was something I could see

No comments:

Post a Comment