Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Poetry Post 115

Grandpa's Farm
In a busy world prone to harm
I'm always safe at old Grandpa's farm
A place that knows no lies, abuse, violence or adultery
Just a secure place for good clean fun for a boy like me
Just a secure place for good clean fun for a boy of three
Although God will give the Earth to those who are meek
I could just be as happy with my Grandpa's creek
Cool under the shady trees
Warm during a summer's breeze
For fun just lie to get some ease
Livestock for pets, you may be poor but just eat the food you grow
People so friendly only parasites are your foe
Just take me back to Grandpa's farm
Away from the world's deadly harm
Back to the old country home charm

Homes
I wished I lived in Wonderland or even Walden
Perhaps maybe Oz or better yet Eden
But I live mankind's test tube society
Where logic is escaping reality
Where order is wanted but chaos is innate
Naturally destroying the life we need to create
We are simply killing ourselves while trying
To live our simple lives while we're dying

Hopeful Maybes
Maybe if I could get to you, you might be able to break my emotional wall
Maybe then you won't think I'm so creepy after all
When you see who I really am
Not the false image that to you I became

No comments:

Post a Comment