Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Poetry Post 137

I Am
I am cold
I am stone
Before I'm old
I'll die alone
My grave covered in mold
My name never known
Every time for every scold
I answer in a dying moan
Joy greater than gold
I was never shown
I have no love to hold
I am solitude prone
I am too shy or bold
For someone to listen, so I seek relief in a groan

The Race

Where am I going, what is my fate
Do I still have a chance or am I too late
Did I move too fast or procrastinate
Am I early or is everyone gone
Did I miss the marathon
I'm sorry I couldn't see what was going on
I sit shocked and stunned
Did we finish or have we begun
Have I already lost cause I know I haven't won

Fear
Thunder crashing to the ground
No protection has been found
But a deep, dark, sinister hole
Without the presence of a soul
Hiding there for so many years
Killing my childhood with my fears
Pounding out every breath
Wondering of my death
Tired of waiting for the final blow to strike me
Tired of laying helpless like an uprooted tree
I have got out of the dungeon and back on my feet
No longer scared of when death and I might ever meet

No comments:

Post a Comment