Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Poetry Post 227

Emotional Option
For awhile my feelings have been a haze
I wish I could fade out through this phase
My life is in a foggy daze
My head's in the clouds with my heart's in the ground
Apathy, hatred, pain, numbness is all around
Covered by the walls they make I cannot be found

Suburban Life
Living in an Ohio suburban town
Waiting for the entertainment to come around
A seventy-five channel tv
With still nothing to get me happy
A radio is starting to play a happy song
But then is soon gone being only four minutes long
So I roam across town finding nothing but homes with "no trespassing" signs
Until I see a hang out just out of reach across the town border lines
So I go home to the radio and tv
And watch as time goes on and keeps passing by me

Broken Hearts
I was born to this world as a broken heart
I'd pick up the pieces but don't know where to start
I try to find love and do my part
But nothing is ever enough for a broken heart

No comments:

Post a Comment