Tuesday, May 5, 2009

PP 229

Lover's Trust
Lovers are so hard to trust
One or the other is often driven by lust
It's so hard to let your layers peel
When you're trying to find out what's real
There is no way to find clarity
When you're second guessing sincerity
Living on the edge it's hard to find your center
Particularly when you have a lover that's not a mentor
I can't meditate, reflect or focus
When every second I have to worry about us

Alone
Alone, sitting by the twilight fire
Without the one I truly desire
Alone without your love or compassion
Nothing to settle my burning passion
Without your love I couldn't exist
Thoughts of you make me persist
Can't you see I love you dearly
I can only live if you, too, love me

Self-Mentor
Please guide me away from sin and don't tell me you told me so
I don't need to be told things I already know
Just walk me away from sin and let me go
Even if I'm sinfully prone
I'm better off alone
My life is my own
I've learned my lesson before
So I'll endure
Even if I must learn it once more

No comments:

Post a Comment