Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Poetry Post 231

The Note
One gloomy day I found a note addressed to me
I read the inside of a note
It said it was written by a girl name Mary
The note said that she loved me so and that I quote
I lived each day willingly with a smile in my heart
I got a note each day reassuring her love to me
I had everything planned from the start
I wished for the day I could be with her eternally
But then one day I got a note that I could not take
Written in the same handwriting signed Jane
Saying she wrote them all and the love I felt was fake
The news made me go insane
Now my life must go on
With this pain within me
But after dusk there can be dawn
Will I free this pain burning relentlessly

On The Rebound
There's a girl I found
While on the rebound
Who is a true friend
Right to the end
One who will spend her hours with me
We fit like a lock and key
But could this be just another illusion
Or a permanent solution

Dependable Love
Darling stay near me
I need you so dearly
How can you not tell clearly
I feel lost in space
And nothing is in place
Without your secure embrace
I need you like air
And like a friend you're always there
I hope you know much I care
For I'll always be there for you
Doing whatever you ask me to do
To let you know my appreciation's true

No comments:

Post a Comment