Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Poetry Post 253

To Leonard From Penny (A Big Bang Theory season 2 finale tribute)
My calm demeanor is a tool to deceive
So you don't know I cry inside when you leave
I can risk my heart but not our friendship
And lovers can wound on the slightest slip
The scar of a true lover is deeper than a knife
Never to let go of the scar for the rest of your life
So for the sake of keeping our love until the end
I can never manifest it as more than a friend

Dream Lover
You are the only lover I can keep
But I can only see you in my sleep
Still no other love of mine ever gets this deep
When I think of what I could lose it makes me weep
Awake I'm aware of how futile it all seems
But hope and promises can still live in my dreams
There I can feel as I want to feel
And live in heart forever for real

Environmental Nature Of Self
You can look at my DNA
But you won't find anything that way
The environment determines the shell I wear
With indifference I blend in by learning not to care
And that's the social shell I put on
Until the hostile environment is gone

No comments:

Post a Comment