Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Poetry Post 273

Emily
Emily, don't cry, I've already been torn apart
Emily, don't smile, joy is just too new to my heart
I can't help feeling the same as you do
I never felt this close to anyone but you
I'm sorry but this whole situation is new
I didn't really mean to tell you how to feel
But I've been in pain too long and I don't know what it's like to get healed
Please don't leave I know you don't need permission to smile or cry
I just needed to tell you how I feel and why
I just needed you to know that how you feel will be part of me till I die

Fear Of No Pain

All I see are people of thick skin and thick head
Knowing not what it's like living in dread
Never knowing fear for they are numb of heart
They never cry or fall apart
How can they have no bad in all they feel
Every man has an Achilles Heel
I cannot relate to those who don't show pain
Even Jehovah God cries in the rain

Fools
I can't fool others half as much as I fool me
A fool feels more than he can see
I have loved more than I had thought
I found myself lost and caught
I go further than logic would dare
Looking for a heart to care
All's fair in love and war because any fool who'd get in
Can't tell a fair loss from a cheated win
But what can I do
I'm just a fool looking for an "I love you"

No comments:

Post a Comment