Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Poetry Post 297

Secluded
It was a cold winter day
But the sun was out
And children were all about
And not a cloud was gray
It was not far away
Not much farther than a shout
Was a boy who was to doubt
The safety of going out to play
He had the illusion of danger in everything he saw
When a cloud showed there appeared a storm
A leaf skipping across the sidewalk would be a tornado
In everything he did he would find a flaw
In everyone he met he never glimpsed a heart that was truly warm
So he spent his childhood emotionally tied unable to grow

(note that previous poem was from a set of Italian sonnets I tried to write into a story sequence but stopped after about half a dozen poems because the storyline wasn't going anywhere)

Friends At Chance Meeting
Casual yet passionate
Friendly and intimate
Idealism expressed
Emotions confessed
I feel emotionally blessed
I don't have much more than a few passerby friends
Companionships come and go like market trends
There are few people I truly know
As circumstances come and go
Not many friendships bloom and grow
We met each other by chance of incidence
It was not fate but fortunate coincidence
Life is facts and chance, not romantic just simply true
With an unborn future there is not much planning and wishing can do
But whatever the scenario I want to be friends with you

Losing Passion
I walked a mile in the pouring rain for you
You welcomed me in and asked what you could do
But now when I try to come close to you
You seem to have forgotten the girl I knew
I'm not trying to say that you're unkind
But it just feels like I'm never on your mind
And if we lose the ties that bind
Searching for another would be impossible to find
So please don't forget we are still friends
Capable of making amends
And I would do anything short of dying if you recommend
Just so long as I have you till the end

No comments:

Post a Comment