Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Devil's Weed

Raleigh:
Hey Neil I'm glad to see you changed your mind
I know your mortgage payments have fallen behind
I'm sorry to say we meet in such a bind
Farmer Neil:
Don't bother with that I get enough from my horse
You were just waiting for things to get worse
I suppose there's always a profit in someone else's curse
Raleigh:
Well for the both of us it's completely win win
So much to tell you how do I begin?
Well first you'll never have to worry about the mortgage again
My company will legally own your land
When we buy it off your hand
But only the title will change you understand
You will continue to live on your little homestead
As long as you agree to grow tobacco instead
And you'll get a steady pay from here on ahead
Farmer Neil:
Sounds dandy where's the dotted line
Before I regret what I'm about to sign
Raleigh:
Here you go now what's mine is yours and yours is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment