Thursday, February 5, 2009

25th Trilogy of Poetry

Deaf, Dumb & Blind
Tongues without speech
Hearts out of reach
Eyes without sight
To another man's plight
Two ears that can't hear
Another man crying in fear
In a land love left behind
Wander the deaf, dumb and blind

Human Cost
Bush bombing Baghdad babies
Raging wars on ifs and maybes
Smart bombs, friendly fire
Linguistic tools created by the Liar
How could we look at the lives and lands we desecrate
And not be burning from tears churning from our self-hate
And there is still more truth than we are allowed to see
More than we could even imagine there could be
We haven't even yet paid the final cost
Paying back for the lives that we lost

Waiting
I wait for a woman to tell me she loves me
I wait for that moment to be
The moment never experienced but somehow familiar
Not any girl in particular
Just any girl who'll make me feel
Like her love is truly real
I wait for the moment when I can be someone's soul mate
To have a relationship where I can relate
I want old fashion love with a new and broader mind
I want to be chivalrous and kind
I'm waiting for a girl who will understand why I am the way I am
I'm waiting for a love not a one night scam
Waiting for the girl who will want to be more than a friend
Waiting for the beginning of something that will never end
Waiting for my Yoko Ono to share my convictions and interests
Waiting for a heart that doesn't misinterprets
Waiting for my first kiss
Waiting for that moment I won't let myself miss
For the moment I have someone's soul to be my blanket
Waiting for the one seen but never met
I'm waiting for that moment I have someone who respects and understands my opinions
Someone to be a lover and companion
I want a wife that is a friend and a care giver to look after me
To give a motherly sense of security
To reassure that I am loved
To go from shunned pigeon to blessed dove
I want love and inner peace
When I have it may it never cease
I want someone to share my every sunny day
I want someone to chase the clouds away
Someone to lend a shoulder to cry on
To lend two weeping eyes when I'm gone
To lend two arms to embrace
To lend two arms to lift me when I've fallen from grace
To lend a pair of lips to kiss
To lend a heart so I may give it bliss
To lend a body to caress
To lend two ears to hear me confess
I want the warmth of romantic love rooted in mutual interest, friendship and respect
I want someone to share my idea of perfect
I'm waiting to be wanted, not necessarily needed, but desired
I'm waiting for love where both are empowered
Someone who knows they can do without me but rather not try
Someone who knows they can live alone but rather die
I want my poetic fantasies to come true
I want a sun to shine on my sky of blue
I want a world where my idealism and love are not in vain
I wait for love to no longer be a pain
I'm looking and waiting for my word to be heard
Where my artistic ability is revered and honored
I'm waiting for that day
Actively looking for one every which way
I am waiting for the acknowledge of my worth
So my life won't be a vain existence on Earth
I'm waiting for appreciation
Beyond family obligation

No comments:

Post a Comment