Monday, March 2, 2009

Poetry #107

Ebony IV
Loving you is like a cold blanket over my heart
Thinking of your kindness while we're apart
The distance freezes me over like a snowstorm
Knowing I'll be with you keeps me warm
Keeping visions of you in my sight
Keeps me warm at night
Fears that all this might end
Freezes over me again

Next Best Thing

All I hear are women complaining there are no good men
They all assume all men are like their last boyfriend
Until they meet a new one and it starts all over again
Then it's back to me wishing they had the courage to make it all end
Move on to the next relationship to let their heart mend
Why can't they love me I can't comprehend
I've been an ear piece, a comforter, a time sharer, a woman's best friend
What horrible sin have I committed to be so unforgiven
What makes me worse than all these other men
I know I'm not handsome, but laughter, conversation, time and love I have given
All this you acknowledge and commend
I don't say any of this as boastful means to self serving ends
But why when it all falls down again
I am still no more than a friend

Rachel

Seeing your face as you come toward me
Reminds me of the sunrise over the horizon of the sea
Your words are like a zephyr that caresses me
There is no moment so tranquil to compare to your beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment