Monday, March 2, 2009

Poetry Post 106

Foreigner's Two Cents
The world has tried to banish or damn
All the things that make me who I am
I am ostracized, slandered and held in derision
Because of my devotion of a different religion
I am put at a distance and set apart
Because I'm a patron of the Censored Art
I am harassed by the self-appointed authorities
Because I have a varying set of priorities
But all in all it makes no difference
Because nothing's as worthless as a foreigner's two cents

Liberation From Bigotry

The Confederation lost Vicksburg and Gettysburg simultaneously
One week in July of 1863
The slaves were practically free
Hitler proclaimed the Jews and Negroes an inferior race
But in the Berlin Olympic Jesse Owens four times won first place
As Einstein became the intellect's face
Bigotry was defied
Truth was not on their side
Yet the movement has not yet died

Unity (Haiku)
Where is unity
It broke smashed into pieces
Scattered through the world

No comments:

Post a Comment