Monday, March 2, 2009

Poetry Post 105

Dungeon Trap
Stuck in a room so dark and dreary
With the air so misted and eerie
In a dungeon lit by candlelight
And the moon's light so faintly bright
And every gust of wind starts to chill me
And every noise starts to thrill me
Locked alone waiting to release
Away from the terrors that won't cease

Idle Dreams
I spend my days chasing idle dreams
Trying to catch elusive and illusive sunbeams
Elusive hopes linger over the distance
Illusive hopes I chase without a chance
With so short a time and so long a race
I know I'll never make it at this pace
Another prize I'll never have won
Another job I couldn't get done

Stones
Jealousy green as an emerald
Makes the heart grow cold
When you long and desperately desire
Your heart will be as blue as the sapphire
Hard hateful hearts of ruby red
Will quickly stop you in your tracks dead
Sitting out in the open plain alone
I don't dream of gem or stone
Relaxed yet depressed looking at the sky blue and yellow
I feel like a darker shade of mellow

No comments:

Post a Comment