Monday, March 2, 2009

Poetry Post 110

Grandpa
I remember the warmth of his flannel pajamas
But more I remember the warmth of the heart of Grandpa's
The tenderness of his beard was like the tenderness of his heart
Oh what an evil killer and bitter sweet reminder is tobacco
The scented murderer that took your soul
A memory and an enemy I can not depart

Drugs
I don't get my daily hugs
So my therapist prescribes drugs
People are more willing to make my parents pay a pill they can't afford
Than to let me have a token reward
No one even stops to chat
They just treat me like a doormat

Age Of Purity

What happened to the age of purity
When parents hugged away every insecurity
What happened to my grandparents and childhood sweetheart
I lost everything I had at the start
All the swing sets
All the house pets
What happened to the sixties sitcom
Or Carmen San Diego on CD-ROM
What happened to the middle aged ladies of the congregation
Who gave such enduring adoration
Anything broken can be mend
But will I ever find my lost friend
What you love won't always be there
So you have to spend the time to show you still care
My best friend Michael moved away ten years ago
My first crush Mindy is dating someone I hardly know
Grandma and Grandpa Ash are buried in their grave
What's left of my childhood to save
I can't reverse the trails and trials of time
But I missed my mark and long since my prime

No comments:

Post a Comment