Friday, March 20, 2009

Poetry Post 143

Ultimate Passion
If you give me your love I'll give you my life
You can even own my soul if you'll just be my wife
Whatever of mine that you won't break
I'll give it all for you to take
But I'm not asking simply for flesh but for fleshly affection in return
But I won't take anything that you feel I haven't earn
I seek not to have nor vanquish control
But all I need is your love and you can have my soul

Don't Blame
From Savage Natives to Savage Foreigners
We have a million races to blame for our wars
Don't blame the Jew, don't blame the Muslim
The enemy is not in either of them
Don't blame the black or the Mexican
When they're victimized by the Master Plan
Don't blames the teens or the feminists
When there's domestic violence perpetrated by the middle aged sexists
Don't blame the unwed mothers or the gays
Until you look at your selfish ways

Twenty Something Failure
No school, no job, no girlfriend, no wife
In between phases of life
No rights, no privileges, no rites of passage
Nothing changes at all but my age
Still living at home with my parents
When I should be paying rents
No longer their child but a bum client
How am I to become self reliant

No comments:

Post a Comment