Friday, March 20, 2009

Poetry Post 147

Wasted Love
You take what was mine and spit in my eye
You altered my will as you let me die
When greed and love meet someone's bound to cry
Greed wants all and takes all, love wants one and never achieves at any try
I treated you like perfection
I gave you protection
I gave you affection
You were my parasite and treated me like an infection
I was your servant you treated me like a slave
I was your knight you treated me like a knave
You thought I was a coward although you knew I was brave
Still loving you after all that I gave

Truest Love
You make my confidence grow
More than you can ever know
From the affectionate love you show
With your love and trust so pure
You make me feel so sure
That there's nothing I can't endure
I never thought I'd find a mate for my soul
I never thought I'd find the one to make me feel whole
I never thought I'd feel so under control

All My Crushes End
I am sick of being a neurotic and obsessive lover boy
I was a sensitive codependent friend
All of the girls just wanted a living toy
That's how all my crushes end
I wanted to be a friend with something more
But to the girls friends and lovers are sold separately
That's why most men have a drinking buddy and a whore
And girls hate the guys they go to see

No comments:

Post a Comment