Friday, March 20, 2009

Poetry Post 146

Test Anxiety
Growing weary and worried
Panicked and hurried
I couldn't pause to think
My mind started to shrink
I can't stop to see if I answered correctly
Time was closing fast on me
I finished far too fast
And I couldn't have passed
Now I'm stuck with my low score
And I cannot take any more
Of the disappointed placed upon me
Because the time went so quickly

School Countdown
Ten days left of school deadlines
Nine days left of the teacher that whine
Eight days left of toilsome busywork
Seven days left of the guys who treat me like a jerk
Six days left of waking up at six
Five days left of learning the trainer's tricks
Four days left of exams and tests
Three days left of peers who pest
Two days left of slavery
One day left till I'm finally free
Now I'm at work my school days expired
So when do I get to retire

School Days
Walking through the door into school
Knowing everyone thinks I'm the fool
The children don't learn knowledge but teach hate
Destruction of their own lives is in their fate
The teachers sit there as the kids fight
But if I'm late I get detention that night
I must leave this world of twisted judgment
I must leave the earth if this is how it is meant

No comments:

Post a Comment