Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Monkees (film) Scene XXIII

(train station lobby Mike on his cell phone other 3 Monkees waiting on a bench)
Mike: Hey Mary can you help us think of a way to get to Beverly Hills?
Mary: I already have one.
Mike: (excited) How?
Mary: From the train station I called Carole and Shannon they'll pick us up at the train station.
Mike: Thank you Mary than you so much (hangs up) Guess what Shannon and Carole are going to pick us up and take us to Beverly Hills
Davy: Sharon?
Mike: No Shannon
Davy: (disappointed) Oh (Mary arrives in the lobby)
Mike: Mary! (Song: Good Clean Fun) (Shannon and Carole arrive and embrace Micky and Peter while Davy just watches and cries until Sharon appears at the end of the song)
There's a smile on the wind as it touches my face
And starts to erase all the gloom
And the sun with a kiss, begins to dismiss the
Memory of my life without you
Well it seems like yesterday that my path took me away
Although I know it's been at least a year
But now my path heads home
And your patient time alone
Has brought me even closer to you, dear
And this plane gets closer
Every minute I look down to a watch that keeps looking back at me
And it says to me, "Be patient son you've waited this long."
How can I be strong?
And this the plane gets closer
Every minute I look down to watch that keeps looking back at me
And it says to me, "Be patient son you've waited this long."
How can I be strong?
Well the plane is finally down
And the engines stopped their sound
And I look in the crowd and there you stand
And the gap that once was time
Is forever closed behind
I told you I'd come back and here I am...
Davy: Sharon how did you know to meet us here? Why did you finally believe me?
Sharon: Carole called
Davy: How did she finally convince you of the truth?
Carole: I told her the truth, she needed to hear it from someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment