Sunday, April 5, 2009

Poetry 168

Confronting Adversaries
Admit you love to see me in misery
It makes you feel better than me
You count my every misstep
While your sins are secretly kept
You call me obscene, rude, or brass
As your pompous piety shows no sign of high class
You loudly proclaim I am not for your company
But if you openly showed your standards we'd all see the hypocrisy

Vain Worship
What of mine is there to sacrifice
Nothing of mine would suffice
There is nothing of mine to meet that price
There is nothing from me you can gain
All service and works are in vain
All that comes from me leaves only misery and pain
This is simply a battle I wasn't meant to win
How can one be holy if they can't begin
For from start to finish life to death is led by sin

Foreign Friends I
Only speaking through written message
Puts me in social bondage
Trapped to speak only from a distance
The bonds I attempt will never stand a chance
You can't know who I am or where I'm coming from
I try to touch you but you feel stone numb
We can't see what is simply out of range
So the connection is just artificial and strange

No comments:

Post a Comment