Sunday, May 3, 2009

Poetry Post 217

Man's Fleshly Works
The flesh is weak but it can still kill
How could God's mercy be on is still
When hate, apathy and greed is our strength, desire and will
Destruction of man and Earth to keep our bank accounts filled
We won't write a check to help our brothers in turmoil
But we would easily tie, torture and shot them for their oil
And we just wipe their blood under the dusty soil
Then set off to take our spoil

Armageddon Survival
Where will we be at Armageddon's wake
Could we be part of a world we did not make
Sitting secluded in congregated groups
Impatiently waiting for God to send His Troops
Why should we profit from God's peace
If we don't help make our dangers cease
I don't think taking God's protection is right
If we don't take a firmer stand in the fight

Life After The Controversy
Now that gone is that controversy
I can go on with the charade of loving me
To go on with life as if someone cared what I did or said
With the illusion of love in my head
Even amongst the controversy
I could admit I don't love me
But now the lie must live on
Although my respect for me is long gone

No comments:

Post a Comment