Monday, June 1, 2009

Poetry 281 (Warning: I type all my poems and I've already hit the bottom of the barrel so bare with me)

War Time Ignorance
If I could speak my two cents
Society is suffering from poverty caused of ignorance
Millions of wise men open mouths with only foolishness to dispense
Rebels are breaking down walls while others sit on the fence
Fence sitters will fall
But rebels will die in the debris of the wall
Many always die in revolutionary coup
But other than population changes are few

Mystery Woman
I caught a glimpse of a twilight silhouette
Emitting from a beautiful brunette
Mesmerized by her aura
Coveting some other man's senora
Captivated with nothing to do
Turning my head won't change my view
She'll always be burning through my head
A supreme pleasure and agonizing dread
There's no stopping or escape
Her image is mental rape
In this empty space I moan
No one hears my cry I'm alone
I'm just another singer in the lonely choir
Tortured by the master that is desire

The End Of A Friend
I saw my friend I knew like a soul mate
So I went to ask her out on a date
She said to me "do I look like a whore?"
Before I left a total stranger had her begging for more
The next day I asked her why she put out for such a jerk
She said he was a full grown man and I was a childish dork
I told her she was going to get herself hurt
She said "at least he's not a pervert"
I said "I know I have lust but I also have compassion
That jerk bangs girls like their going out of fashion"
"Well at least he knows what's in style"
"I can't believe you'd defend a man so vile"
I said "I know how he treats women"
She said "That was way back then"
I said "the only thing either of us know is he's self-centered"
She said "you aren't one to judge and I don't need mentored"
So on and on we fought
But no justice was brought
All in all in the final end
I lost my very best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment