Monday, June 1, 2009

Poetry Post 284

My Spiritual Parents
I came to lay down my burden
I confessed every trouble and sin
And you comforted me reaffirming my good
You showed me everything I did as I should
Where I found failure you found accomplishment
For every flaw you saw a compliment
I recounted my falls you recounted the times I stood tall
And said those faithful in much was once faithful in small
I couldn't look beyond my sin
Carrying this heavy burden
But you saw the righteous within
Something you said I could put stock in

Tragic Heroes & Martyrs
Living alone dreaming of Brutus and Cyrano
Wishing to live the death of a tragic hero
A life without nobility is a life lived in vain
A life with nobility is a life lived in pain
In death a man can prove to everyone his worth save himself
Only hoping in faith that his deeds are met to save himself
In sin we're borne so sin is all we can hope for
Until something calls us into the lost fights of a martyr

Warning about this next poem
I use course language particularly slurs
That is because it goes with the concept of the poem called "Label" about words used in derogatory nature arbitrarily
I listened to songs like "Hurricane" and "Woman Is Nigger Of The World" watched several films that used such language satirically and dramatically and comedians such as George Carlin and Richard Pryor use it to discern whether I think any general audience could understand my context and I think those old enough to understand the nonsense and the drama of slurs will understand I am not promoting bigotry but portraying an irritating truth (I wish George Carlin and Richard Pryor were still alive because I feel like if anyone understands why I wrote this poem it would be them) By the way isn't odd Nas couldn't release an album named Nigger but Kid Rock uses that word multiple times in his lyrics and if labels mean anything why does that drunken man whore Republican Confederate flag waving loser get to use it PS I have been called all these labels at high school and junior high except the n word technically I was called a nigger lover
Label
I don't conform to a clique so they say I'm in a cult
I keep to myself but something's always my fault
I don't join in my generation of cliche
I don't play sports or shower with men so they call me gay
If I'm a Christian who thinks different from you
You'd label me a Jew
Skin heads listening to rap music with their finger on the trigger
Pointing at my head calling me a nigger
I choose passive resistence they call me a maggot
I choose abstinence they call me a faggot
I'm outspoken but I help in a pinch
So they push me around and call me a bitch
Hypocrite and haters label me as such
Why do meaningless insults from vile villains hurt so much

No comments:

Post a Comment