Monday, June 1, 2009

Poetry Post 283

Respect
The one thing from a relationship one should expect
Is to have a mate that'll give you respect
Your thoughts, feelings, and soul should be viewed with honor
Then love and appreciation should be there at the core
Without respect then the first tear your mate should cry
Your love will rot and die
Unless you respect enough to care
Your love won't be forever there

Fallen From Eternity
I've stumbled off the path to be saved
Fallen in a freshly dug eternal grave
The hard rain makes me drown
And makes the dirt push me down
And I suffocate from the pressure of my situation
Leaving my life always be in question
And what will become of me in doubt
I've fallen in the trap of sin but no one is here to help me out

Down In The Gutter
Down in the gutter poor and cold
Sick and tired ever growing old
Never sat next to a warm fire
Never got what he desired
All because of a failed attempt to chase a dream
And as bad as it my seem
He is far better off than you or me
Because he dared to chase after what he dreamed to be

No comments:

Post a Comment