Monday, June 1, 2009

Poetry Post 285

Night Creeps
Lord help me my serotonins falling
And my libidos calling
And my flesh ain't stalling
Insomnia keeps me up and depressions got me down
No one to turn to nothing's around
And the sin surrounds
I try so hard to get to sleep
But the thoughts come in and creep
And sink into my hollow soul so deep
Lord there ain't no pill
To calm an urging thrill
There's no way to set it still
The only way to get through the night
Is to give up the fight
And forfeit what is right

School Crush On Graduation Day

What can I say
It's too late now you're moving away
What can I do in a day
If only I spoke you could have been my soulmate
But I didn't think our friendship had an expiration date
I settled for my shyness feeling I could wait
I was afraid of the word no
I tried to keep my feelings never letting them show
I never thought it would be grow or go

Electra Complex

Your father was never there
You acted as if you didn't care
You had the congregation for a family
So you had little reason to worry
But your father showed love by a distance
You thought he'd be with you if he had the chance
But he chose to take those business flights
Leaving you, your sister and mother alone hundreds of nights
Because you father left a mark
You think love is something left in the dark
A vague mysterious pointless romance
You can't appreciate anything that's at close distance
If you looked into your spiritual family
You would have found a friend in me
In childhood foolishness I wanted more
But I want more for you to remain pure
Untainted by broken promises he'll never think to keep
Leaving you alone in a king size bed to sleep
I don't want to offer you romance
I simply want to give you a second chance

No comments:

Post a Comment