Monday, February 2, 2009

A matter of discretion

I would just like to point out I've been writing poetry since August 16, 1998 so I was fourteen when I started and all the poems I've written since that first one "Trapped Childhood" is or will be typed into my blog so a lot of the experiences I've wrote about have come from parts of my life that are less prevalent to who I am now. But everything I write about deals with something fundamentally sincere about me, but the relative truth of the material changed over time. Puberty is a main theme that I deal with somewhat bluntly and being twenty-five there is still truth in what I wrote but hopefully I continue to mature and maybe get a better handle of my social/emotional/spiritual/physical/sexual life but luckily I've never been too ashamed of myself as to look back at my life with serious regrets and yet I'm still significantly better than I once was in some ways other ways are worse to some degree to be frank but nothing outside the typical range of my expectable behavior nothing shocking to any one who would have known me in any other type of context, so I will continue type poems about my puberty with only slight reluctance

No comments:

Post a Comment