Monday, February 9, 2009

Poetry Post 37 (a very special day of all poetry posting)

Role Playing & Self-Prophesy
Come here and look at me
Tell me everything you see
Let it be my self-prophesy
Set the standards of what I am to be
I have no self-will
Give me something to fulfill
I'll be whatever you say
I just need a role to play

To Brittany Gray VI
What can I offer what can I say
That would make you want to stay
I'd keep you in my embrace forever if I could find a way
What can I offer what can I do
To spend another moment with you
Anything for just a minute or two

Eluding Danger
Something sad and beautiful
Like a well attended funeral
Sudden escape from tragedy
Causing calm to conquer calamity
Alarmed
But unharmed
Just escaping a series of unfortunate events
Solving and surviving problems are just ongoing accomplishments

No comments:

Post a Comment