Monday, February 9, 2009

Poetry Post 45 (and until next time)

Still Hurting
I wish I was a better man but I'm not
I deserve all the misery I got
But I still hope you die and rot
Only I would have never thought
Pain could have been something I sought
Until it was the only gift you brought
From lonely Cyrano to bitter misogynist
You made this sick and evil twist
Without love and security there can be no hope
And without faith or will I become a misanthrope

The Sacrifice
Who will remember the righteous lives of the dead
It is more than to be held in a mere mortal's head
Even so who could carry the load and still sleep soundly in bed
But there will be no souls to save
If their memories are buried alongside their souls in their grave
But gratefully one righteous man lives remembering the life he gave

Transition
It's not that she's never here
It's just that she's never clear
Like her mind is always elsewhere
I wonder does she even care
Her attitude is a mystery
But I just try not to worry
I know it's just a phase
Tomorrow will be better days
Because even if it's hard to see
I still can see she still loves me
But I can tell by her face
That she feels out of place
And she just needs to find her space
And I'll try to follow her at her own pace
And she sees me standing by her there
She'll know how much I really care
And before it all ends
We'll both make amends
And come back as more than friends
When we see what we transcend

No comments:

Post a Comment