Monday, February 9, 2009

Poetry Post 41 (how many more before I get paid?)

Hellfire
There was once a true hell
A land where only the wicked dwell
A land burning in sulfuric fire
A land of consequence for unnatural desire
The desire we all had since birth
And this land was called Earth
But Jah cried and cried out "let it rain upon the wicked"
A flood came as a blessing making them unconsciously dead
He washed away their sin
Which was inseparately from within

Cynical Man Of Love
Cynical man of love am I
I've watched women who try to win a man in lies
I've watched women give their hell another try
I've watched women give their heart to the same guy
Over and over after each deny
Cynical man of love am I
I've watched women rather seek selfish solitude than risk a single tear to cry
I've watched women walk love right on by
I've watched women reject the better guy
For the sake of the thrill of a sexual high

Bats & Dolphins
Like a bat and a dolphin
We stand out and don't fit in
Fair weather friends of the norm
Don't take us in on the day of the storm
I could fly freely in all of heaven
But I am not at one with the raven
And you can swim all the waters of the ocean
But you're all alone when you come out to breathe again
We live outside our rightful domain
So alone we must remain

No comments:

Post a Comment