Monday, February 9, 2009

Poetry Post 44 (please don't hit me master I'm going as fast I can)

Empty Days
I am depressed beyond relief
My mind's covered by a blanket of grief
Life is just another pointless tradition
When you have no form of ambition
I'm longing for something, to say something, to do something, to be
Something great that'll define and empower me
But with little options and less initiative
And far too inferior gifts to give
What can I do with my empty days to be a life worthy to live

Remember
Remember riding bikes and climbing trees
Remember when it was easy to please
Remember when the world was a place of ease
Remember all the time we spent
When we were young and innnocent
But now those days came and went
Our bike chains turn to rust
The trees now burnt to ashes and dust
And now what is left out there for us to trust?

What I Want
I want a romance loving girl next door
A self-sufficient independent hard worker
An intellectual inquisitive free thinker
A cynical idealist ever fighting for something better
A tender lover, a bedside cuddler
A compassionate care taker
A passionate peace maker
A self initiated world changer
A girl who knows better
Than to be either blind faith lover
Or be scorned and scarred indiscriminately man bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment