Monday, February 9, 2009

Poetry Post 40 (from a very unprolific writer)

The Model Clone
Peroxide in your hair
You pretend you don't care
Killing yourself with Virginia Slimms
And baking your tangerine skin
Fifteen pounds of silicon and eighty pounds of flesh
Thinner than the poverty-stricken children of Bangladesh
Are you a purging bulimic
Or an anorexic anemic
Dumb and dying don't care as long as they love your look
When was the last time you ate a meal or read a book

Substitute Lovers
I don't want to be a substitute for your affection
I know I'm not your idea of romantic perfection
So if you find me beyond behavioral correction
Just let me mourn awhile before we change direction

Reality
I don't believe in trinity
I don't believe in destiny
I don't believe in hellfire
I don't believe in flags
I don't believe in the cross
I don't believe in guns
I don't believe in democrats
I don't believe in corporations
I don't believe in republicans
I don't believe in organizations
If it ain't love, justice, wisdom and power
It ain't God's to keep in the final hour

No comments:

Post a Comment