Thursday, February 26, 2009

Poetry Post 90

Eluding Danger III
Times are getting stranger
Getting harder to elude the danger
Harder to learn how to manage
Harder to deal with the damage
Taking three leaps to stay one step ahead
Taking a rest at a slower pace will lead you dead
Just escaping a series of unfortunate events
Solving and surviving problems are just ongoing accomplishments

Rock N Roll Angels
This is for Dylan, Lennon, Waters, and Cobain
To the harp playing angels who identify with my pain
The road I walk in changin' times
You've guided me through with fabled rhymes
Igniting the Revolution of Imagination
I needed no fear of any man's nation
You were there when I came to call
Connected not parted by a common "wall"
And with "tender age in bloom"
You carried the burden of my sorrows and my gloom

Where I Belong
Take me back to where I belong
Where all day long
We sing our silly love song
In a world without war
And crime survives no more
And where love can endure

No comments:

Post a Comment