Thursday, February 26, 2009

Volume 92 of Poetry

Barriers
Everything that defines me
Is all that confines me
My vast CD collection
Is sensory protection
My defenses dull and numb
From Asperger's Syndrome
My only outlet
Comes as a poet
But no one reads the press
Of a Jehovah's Witness

The Storm
Hiding in my basement room
Trying to hide from the thunder and wind
Never seeing the world above
Just keep hiding again and again
Crash, swish, bam, crackle, boom, swoosh
Too dangerous to go up above
So I hide in this hole in the ground
But I come up to a world without love
Years I spent under the ground
Confident in this lonely shell
The storm has now been long over
Now living where the loveless people dwell

Musical Drugs
My hands shake like the beating of my empty heart
Never deciding where to go or where to start
The soundtrack of my heart plays in my mind with the synchronizing of my pulse
Pumping this placebo in my veins finding the hope is false
I just float with the melody
Soothing my tormented mentality
Only to vamp my vital signs on velocity and volume
Distortion of the chords that bind foreshadow my doom
Musical stimulants and depressants playing with my head
What does it matter if I won't get out of bed

1 comment: