Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Post 48 of Poetry (from the journal entries of a former zygote)

Mother Complex
I was born with an umbilical cord where a spine should be
But I'm free to be whatever Mother chooses for me
Sitting like a fetus I'd bury my head
My Mother's lap is my blanket and my bed
My Mother's with me even when I'm alone
She is always on my mind it is not my own
She has such high expectations for her accidents
But every step I take is another disappointment

Unconditional Love
Don't worry, there was no test you had to pass
My love for you will always be unconditional
I'll help you in bad times to befall
No matter how long they last
I'll be more than your best friend
I'll be with you anywhere just to show that I care
I'll show my soul bare just for you to share
And pledge I'll follow you to our end

Leslie
My dear Leslie
You are the only one to me
Who can make me truly happy
You give me reason to live
With you I am no longer afraid of the negative
So I may look through to see the positive

No comments:

Post a Comment