Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Poetry Post 203

Poets
Does the po boy still sing the blues
Langston Hughes
Does the caged bird still coo
Maya Angelou
Do the young at heart still play seeking fun
Robert Louis Stevenson
Shall we rage against the dying of the light or mourn its pass
Dylan Thomas
Did you make it to Eldorado
Edgar Allan Poe
Did the path you chose lead you lost
Robert Frost
Are you still nobody to no one
Emily Dickinson
Though the rain must fall will the sun come tomorrow
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Did they capture the hitman that shot the captain
Walt Whitman

Unreasonable
Roaming stranger, where does this wind begin
Go there, stop it, put my fear to an end
Tell the lightning to stop flashing
Tell the thunder to stop crashing
I don't care if the storm cannot hear
At least stop this life devouring fear
Show me there is nothing to be scared of
Show me the blue sky awaiting above

Peace
In the middle of the afternoon I lay in bed
With a pillow sandwiched over my head
As I laugh listening to stand up comedy
Or laugh as I hear the tune of a comic novelty
While I pet my cat that lies by my side
In a place without pain I confide

No comments:

Post a Comment