Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Poetry Post 205

Lost Youth
My youth us gone
I must move on
To find a full time career
To keep until death comes near
No more living my life just for fun
No more quiet days spent lying under the sun
My money will be half spent
On a run down apartment
Goodbye childhood bliss
Goodbye happiness
I must enter my adulthood pain
Never to be a child again

Reflections Of Judgment Day
I fear the impeding Judgment Day
I walked too many roads and lost my way
At twenty all I want is a career, a home and a wife
I can't handle worrying about anything else in my life
I want to serve God
But there's only so many roads to trod
I need to fulfill each dream
And somehow get redeemed
I don't fear the myths of hellfire
But I question my every desire
I don't know if my delights are pure
So I fear what I needlessly endure
I can't say if there is enough purity in what I do
But I'll stand for my beliefs and Jehovah for I know they're true
But will my strength whither in weakness like Peter
I don't know if I'll meet the measure of the meter

Optimism Fails
You can't keep on keeping on
Without your faith and will you'll soon be gone
You'll pray for help until your work is done
Cause you can't sing a happy song when there is none

No comments:

Post a Comment