Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Poetry Post 207

Parental Fighting
Mommy, Daddy why are you fighting
Everything here is too frightening
For me here
Everything here is just a horrifying sighting
Mommy, Daddy why are you crying
Aren't to going to start trying
To save us
Or is our family going to start dying
Mommy, Daddy why are you leaving
The children you were once conceiving
In your home
Oh how my youthful happiness was deceiving

Ode To A Jesus Fish
We decorate our lives with a cross like a token
Rather than follow the Word Jesus spoken
The covenants and bonds of God are being broken
We show our faith outward because we don't have any within
We pray lip service might take away our sin

Disconnect
I'm living life with no inspiration
Feeling everything without interpretation
Can't tell if it's good or if it's bad
Can't tell if I'm content or sad
But this is the only life I ever had
Receptors and inhibitors are out of whack in my brain
If people weren't indifferent they'd misdiagnose me insane
First thoughts tell them I'm lazy, sick or uncaring
Second thoughts tell them it doesn't matter if they keep staring
Final thoughts are dismissive since to them I have no bearing

No comments:

Post a Comment