Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Poetry Post 256

Safe Harbor
I'm waiting on time to tell me when to say
All the things only time can tell you when you may
But the time just keeps on passing away
And a life of misery for a wrong moment is too high to pay
So in anxious timidity and comatose I lay
With these thoughts on me like an anchor weigh
So excuse my look of dismay
But my heart is docked to the bay
So please where your heart lays let it stay
So that when it's okay
I can find my way
To your heart that very day

Rejected
Alone, rejected by the one I truly adored
My only heart she murdered
I can never love another
You had my heart and I have no other
I should move on but I can't
Your name haunts me like a chant
I can't love you after what you have done
But after you, as far as other girls, there is none

Before You
All my life I've been pushed and shoved
Before you I never knew how it felt to be loved
Before you I was never happy with who I was
I never saw the sun rise like it now does
I now know how to appreciate life
Since you have became my wife
I can see the sun shining bright
I can see things in a brighter light

No comments:

Post a Comment