Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Poetry Post 257

Jehovah's Gifts
There is only one reason to live
That is for the gifts Jehovah gives
The gift of humor
Will help you endure
The gift of music
Will cure the spirit of the sick (1 Samuel 16:23)
The gift of a friend
Will help hearts mend
The gift of wildlife
Will calm internal strife
The gift of free will
Will give you the choice to love God still
But the gift of love
Is the gift all others are made of

Reply To A Soldier's Memorial
Don't speak for the dead you buried
For you they have no more mind to read
Don't say they died out of need
When you know they died for your greed
It wasn't their mouths you tried to feed
You offered no help when the plead
You just sent them off to do your deed
And no looked back to watch them bleed

Distant Lover
Wasting the morning in bed all I can ever do
Is restlessly fantasize about me and you
My thoughts drift to images of you so clear
That I make love to you when you're not even here
But the clarity fades after so many days
Even though the memory and the passion forever stays
And so all that remains is little more than a ghost
Taunting me with the wish I desire most

No comments:

Post a Comment