Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Poetry Post 258

Paradox Labels
All that defines me
Is all that binds me
The labels I choose to wear
Shows what lies deep inside of there
There is nothing I could be
Without the ideals that mold me
the antisocial social activist
The compulsive antiritualist
Distant, aloof and intimate
Self-absorbed and compassionate
Emotional and numb
Feelings from Asperger's Syndrome
With the ideals I profess
As a Jehovah's Witness

Corruption
Corrupted, corrupted by the world I rejected
Sick of passing roads easier than the one I selected
If virtue is a shield why are the principled ones unprotected
Dangers leap from the corners undetected
But always falling to the ones you most suspected
My moral compass is aways is disconnected
By a mortal spirit always feeling dejected
As long as I doubt I will never be perfected

Psalm Of Thanksgiving
There are no words to fit the great magnitude
To accurately express our Divine gratitude
For the love you show mankind
For not leaving us behind
As some preachers taught
Forgetting the price you had bought
With Your Son you gave us Paradise Earth
So let us never forget our worth

No comments:

Post a Comment