Friday, May 22, 2009

Poetry Post 264

To A Widow
I wish there was something I could do
But I've drifted too far from you
My memory of you is stored in the cobwebbed basements of my mind
And this emotional distance makes it hard to seem kind
But even if you remain far from me
It hurts to see you wallow in misery
I couldn't care less if you chose to come back into my life
But I can't be happy when you can't deal with the strife
I know you feel pain that no one knows like you
But one day you'll know this is a pain we all go through
I don't know what else comfort can be brought
To the tragic mourning young distraught

A Little Help
I try to help all the world I surround
But my seeds drop on unfertile ground
I do a little for everybody around
But no gratitude ever found
But my motives are often distort
I help and I hurt
No one appreciates my best effort
But my help always falls short

The Walk Of Friendship
It was a sunny day in the town
So on the road I walk down
My friend went on for the walk
We shared a laugh as we had a talk
We went strolling through the park
Then home again as it got dark
I'll always remember the trip
It was surely the Walk of Friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment